We are sorry to inform you that we have had to postpone the GHI World Congress planned for March 2024 to the following year in 2025. This is a decision that we have not taken lightly.
We have received many relevant, interesting and high quality abstracts. However, we have also had feedback from many people who would have liked to attend but can no longer raise the funds due to inflationary costs in their countries. Others have contacted us to say that they are concerned about the continuing unrest across the world and are unable to commit to attend at this stage due to the rapidly changing situation.
The additional planning time in postponing the Congress will also give us an opportunity to set up sponsorship programmes to enable speakers from disadvantaged countries to attend in person. We feel it is very important to ensure a global perspective by having representation from many regions and countries.
Thank you for showing your interest in speaking at the GHI World Congress, we very much value your contribution and hope that we can find an alternative range of dates in 2025 that would be convenient for you. The 2025 GHI World Congress will also be hybrid (on-line and in-person) and held at the Hilton Hotel, Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The only difference will be the date. We will be in-touch with you again to find out your preferred 2025 dates as we would very much value your participation at the 2025 event.
Thank you for your understanding.
Abstracts submission for the 2nd GHI World Congress on Global Food Safety and Security is closed!
Please make sure to carefully read the abstract submission guidelines before submitting your abstract.
Abstracts are invited to be submitted to the online abstract submission system on the following topics:
- Innovations in food safety and security
- Innovations in food safety training and education
- New technologies for food safety and security
- Food packaging safety developments, standardization and regulation
- Nutrition for sustainable and healthy diets
- Consumers and sensory science
- Sustainability of food systems
- Food systems and animals
- Security of food
- Future foods
- Alternative proteins
- Food laws and regulations
- Food regulation of future foods
- Transformation of future food systems and emerging food industries
- Trends in health and nutrition including gut health
- Personalised nutrition
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Food microbiology
- Functional foods
- Food nanotechnology
- Food wastes, recycling wastes for generating a clean environment
- Abstracts must be written in English
- The abstract should have a brief descriptive title of maximum 20 words
- The abstract text should not exceed 300 words (approx. 2000 characters)
- One figure/table/photograph may be added to an abstract.
- Abstract submission deadline: 22 October 2023
- Notification on acceptance/rejection: one month after submission. Last notifications will be sent in November/December 2023
- The presenting authors must be registered by 31 December 2023
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.