Online abstract submission is open now!
Before starting submission, you are advised to review the full abstract submission guidelines and requirements.
The abstract submission deadline is March 1, 2019.
Abstracts received after the deadline may still be considered for poster presentation only. Notifications regarding acceptance of the abstracts will be sent on a regular basis (within two to three weeks after submission).
All abstracts will be reviewed and considered for oral or poster presentations by the Scientific Committee. Once an abstract is accepted, at least the (oral or poster) presenting author must register for the conference. Accepted abstracts will be confirmed by email to the corresponding author and will have an abstract reference number, to be quoted in all correspondence. Accepted abstract for which a presenter has registered will be included in the congress app and on an abstract page that will be accessible to all registered participants.
Abstracts with the following topics are welcome:
- Food microbiology
- Genomics and genetics
- Food chemistry
- Food Safety assessment
- Food science, education and communication
- Global food Safety incidents
- Food Safety versus nutrition security
- Factory design and food Safety (Jointly with EHEDG)
- New technologies for food Safety and security
- Food wastes, recycling wastes for generating a clean environment
- Food packaging Safety developments, standardization and regulation
- Ethics in the food chain (Jointly with ISEKI)
- Food laws and regulations
GHI Congress Awards
The scientific committee shall evaluate all oral as well as poster presentations. Afterwards, three young scientists and three poster awards will be granted.
In order to publish the outcomes of the First GHI World Congress on Food Safety and Security, the organising committee could manage to get approval of two peer reviewed scientific journals of which the scope fits the topics of this congress. Therefore, the scientific committee shall make the selection among all oral and poster presentations and selected authors will be asked by the organising committee to prepare a manuscript within 10 weeks after the congress is ended. All manuscripts will be peer reviewed prior of being published.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be written in English.
- Each abstract should have a brief descriptive title of maximum 20 words and should be written in upercase.
- Authors names, institutional affiliations, cities, and countries of all contributing authors should be provided. A maximum of 10 authors per abstract is allowed.
- The abstract text should not exceed 350 words (approx. 2000 characters).
- One figure/table/photograph may be added to an abstract.
- A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract text.
- Mention all sources of funding of the work described and other acknowledgements briefly at the end of the abstract text. References and acknowledgements are included in the 350 word count for the abstract text.
- Select an abstract topic from the pull-down menu, select the abstract topic matching the content of your abstract best.
- Before starting submission, you are advised to review the abstract submission guidelines and requirements